Applications for Free School Meals and Assistance with School Clothing and Footwear for school session 2019/20 will be accepted from 1 July 2019 and should be made online via My PKC. Any parents who are currently in receipt of either of these benefits must reapply over the summer break if they wish for this to continue in session 2019-20.
From session 2019/2020, parents/carers in receipt of the following qualifying benefits will be eligible to be considered for free school meals and a school clothing and footwear grant:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), where their income is less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC), where their income is less than £6,900
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Parents/carers in receipt of Universal Credit with an earned monthly income that does not exceed £610
Nursery children whose parents/carers are in receipt of State Pension Credit, Incapacity or Sever Disablement Allowance or who are Looked After/subject of a kinship care order will be eligible to receive free school meals, however it remains the case that nursery children are not eligible to receive a School Clothing Grant.
PLEASE NOTE: Children in P1 – P3 will continue to automatically receive Free School Meals, however, if parents/carers are in receipt of qualifying benefits they must submit an application if they wish to receive a School Clothing Grant.