Modern Languages S1 Course Plan Term 2
Curriculum for Excellence ‘Benchmark’
Particular focus on the following benchmarks:
• Listens, takes turns and contributes at the appropriate time when engaging with others in largely prepared conversations of increasing length.
• Demonstrates understanding of language used by the interlocutor through appropriate and increasingly spontaneous responses.
• Shares information on familiar themes in longer conversations, with reasonable fluency. Copes with some unpredictable language from the interlocutor. Uses fuller sentences.
• Applies non-verbal techniques such as eye contact, facial expressions and body language to support dialogue.
• Uses a variety of support, such as a glossary or a bilingual dictionary to gain understanding of texts containing more unfamiliar language and extended sentences.
• Identifies the main points of the text and can communicate this to others.
• Justifies opinions using a range of adjectives, connectors
and word order to give reasons for those opinions.
Opinions & Reasons
Time & Timetable
Describe the school day
Uniform & School Rules
School In Other Countries