Modern Languages S2 Course Plan Term 1
Where I Live
Curriculum for Excellence ‘Benchmark’
Particular focus on the following benchmarks:
• Works collaboratively to plan and co-deliver a talk in the target language. Sustains talk long enough to demonstrate accuracy in known vocabulary and grammar as well as pronunciation and expression.
• Demonstrates engagement with the topic by including cultural references to the country/countries where the target language is spoken, for example, references to towns, tourist attractions, and famous landmarks/people.
• Applies pronunciation rules to unfamiliar words by identifying and applying familiar letter patterns.
• Pronounces familiar words clearly and uses a sustained range of vocabulary appropriate to the level.
• Reads with some fluency and understanding, using appropriate pace and intonation.
• Demonstrates an appropriate knowledge of grammatical structures including knowledge of more than one tense, over a range of talking activities.
• Applies a range of reading skills and strategies to read unfamiliar vocabulary with increasing understanding a range of texts, including more extended reading passages or stories. Uses knowledge of context, cognates and grammatical structures to support understanding.
• Works with others to plan and review written work.
• Uses support such as a bilingual dictionary, grammar notes, or digital technology to check accuracy in spelling or structure.
Say what there is in my town
Give opinions on your town/village
Say where you are going
Ask someone to go somewhere Say what you can do in town